Don't ask me any questions, I guarantee I don't have the answer...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Glistening Memories of the Garage...



So, have not written on my blog in awhile- truthfully I don't even know if anyone reads it. But, it does not mean I have not been writing. I have been trying to put a story together; not sure why or what I will do with it, but hey, it isn't the silliest thing I have done. Not as bad as the time my friend, Kitten and I decided it was a good idea to dance and play in the rain, and then later sit in the bathtub and drink hot chocolate with vodka. I know random, but those exact moments are exactly what I have been writing about - random, stupid moments that will never leave my memory.

A lot of my best times happened in the garage where the Kitten and I had our own sanctuary to just be random and frankly, just laugh. We had it all set up like a second living room. It was great...So, I came up with the best description of it:

"The garage…no one would understand it if I told them all about it. But, at one in my life it was my haven. A place where I would not care what others thought. So many secrets feasted in the garage. A huge plate of tears, laughter, anger, and pure fun. The memories that lurked in the smoke of those four walls will last a lifetime. The bottles that used to creep in the corners, and the futon that had the dust of many strangers - made the garage a crucial aspect in my quest to grow up and find myself. So many stories were told, so many drinks were drunk, and the beginnings of many friendships made its mark in that room. It was an imperfect scene; the door never closed or locked, the table was older than we were, and the carpets were masked with stains that we were unsure of how they got there. I will never forget the garage, even as I find a more calm and collected life - less drinks, less cigarettes, and definitely less Del Taco runs - I want to keep those flashbacks close to my heart in the nearest pocket possible."

Just felt like sharing, don't just you love memories like that?

"Cigarettes, Alcohol, and the Garage"

Roaming with a Madeleine display,
Drenching through my fingers,
Memories that danced along my legs,
Exploited - a bottle of “raz-ma-taz.”
Singing a song that stirs within my veins,
Bleeding with sweet regret -
And although, it cannot be taken for present,
I want it all back,
This time in which we lived -
A glistening memory,
That will last forever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hot chocolate and vodka?