Don't ask me any questions, I guarantee I don't have the answer...

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Life Lessons Learned (So Far)

Well, I took a long break from the blogging world. I just never know what to write about, and I have the tendency to think, why would anyone care about this? Then, when I do find something worthy of writing, I am afraid of what people would think of me. But, then I found myself doing what I always do when my mind is running in a stir - I read quotes online. I stumbled upon Sylvia Plath, and this particular quote caught my attention...

"Everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise.The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."
— Sylvia Plath

People always tell me write what you know; however, what I know always seems to be of useless information for others. But, in retrospect this IS a blog about being random...so to introduce my boot and kick out of this long blogging hiatus, here are some of the life lessons I learned (So far):

1. If a place is a gas station converted into a bar, it is already not a good idea - don't go in, turn around and resort to the nearest Applebees instead...$3 brewtus on happy hour sounds like a wayyyy better idea.

2. Tequila shots - It may look fun, sound fun, even smell quasi-fun, but in the end it doesn't feel fun later that night...or even the next day.

3. If you feel it in your gut, your gut is probably right...especially if it says you need to throw up - Note to self: next time make it to the bathroom a little sooner (and not on the patio at the bar)!

4. You will spend your whole life trying to find the meaning to it, but I just say live it the best you can and relax...BOOM! Problem solved!

5. Carli Simon may never be able to solve your men problems, but she makes great background music when you are crying about them.

6. Bubble baths with wine will ALWAYS make thinking a little bit more clearer and easier to deal with.

7. Getting your heart broken is not the end of the world - it is only the beginning of lots of drunken nights with your girlfriends and later realizing it was for the best...even if it takes you two years to conclude this...And don't forget the credit card balances reminding you of those drunken nights...

8. Always eat your veggies - and if they taste gross it is okay to add salt and some cheese.

9. If you make a mistake, you WILL pay for it...however, you only grow up if you actually learn from it.

10. Never look back, unless you are trying to remember what happened the night before...

Okay, that is enough for now...Til next time...

Love,

The Bear

No comments: